A cabinet is a body of high-ranking members of government, typically representing the executive branch. It can also sometimes be referred to as the Council of Ministers or the Executive Council.
In the United States, the cabinet consists of the head of each federal executive department. These heads are appointed by the President. In addition to running their appointed agency, they advise the President on matters relating to that agency. Cabinet members do not make policy, but they vote on the 25th Amendment when necessary, and are near the top of the presidential line of succession.
David Palmer's Cabinet
David Palmer had 15 cabinet members. Only few of them appeared on Day 2, with their votes ('yes' to keep President Palmer in office, 'no' to remove him and instate Vice President James Prescott). The Secretary of the Interior tied the vote, so that the Secretary of State was obliged to make the final decision.
- Mr. Secretary of Agriculture : No
- Mr. Secretary of Defense : Yes
- Mr. Secretary of the Interior : No
- Mr. Secretary of State : No
- Ms. Secretary of Transportation : Yes
- Mr. Secretary of Treasury : No
Wayne Palmer's Cabinet
These are Wayne Palmer's known Cabinet members.
- Noah Daniels, Vice President
- Secretary of Labor Dawes
- Secretary of Energy Durant
- Kevin Graves, Attorney General
- Karen Hayes, National Security Advisor
- Ethan Kanin, Secretary of Defense