|Behind the scenes of Day 7: 7:00pm-8:00pm|
|Role:||1. Riot guard|
2. Prison inmate
3. Car driver
4. FSB agent
5. Jack Bauer (stunt double)
6. FBI agent
7. Russian operative
Biography and career Edit
Erik Stabenau is a prolific stunt performer, with a career spanning more than 20 years. Through this years, he has worked on films like Star Trek IV: The Undiscovered Country, Forrest Gump, Escape from L.A., Titanic, Mission: Impossible II, and Captain America: The First Avenger.
Aside from films, Stabenau has also worked on TV shows like American Horror Story, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, True Blood, Sleeper Cell, Dharma & Greg, and Workaholics. In 2007 and 2009, he won a Screen Actor's Guild award for his work on 24.
Role on 24 Edit
Stabenau worked on 24, primarily as Kiefer Sutherland's stunt double from Season 5 through Season 8. He took over the role from Matt Taylor. Christopher Leps served as Kiefer's secondary stunt double.
- In "Day 7: 9:00am-10:00am", he doubled for Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer for the chase scenes of Tony Almeida when he jumped off the ship, landing on a crate and then jumped on Tony (also played by stunt double Richard King).
- In "Day 7: 9:00pm-10:00pm", he doubled for some of the shots of Jack fighting with John Quinn (played by stunt double Christopher Leps), including jumping off the backhoe to the trailer and getting kicked against the car door.
- In "Day 7: 10:00pm-11:00pm", he doubled for the shot of Jack jumping over a fence and hiding behind the rocks to escape gunfight from the Starkwood helicopter.
He has also had numerous other roles on the show:
- In "Day 3: 5:00pm-6:00pm", he played a riot guard who Jack Bauer attacked and took clothes from. Later in the episode, Erik played an inmate that beat up Ramon Salazar and dragged him to the laundry room.
- In "Day 6: 6:00am-7:00am", he played a car driver who was driving past a metro bus when it was blown up. He screeched to a halt at the intersection.
- In "Day 6: 6:00pm-7:00pm", he played an FSB agent who was searching for Jack Bauer in the basement of Russian consulate.
- In "Day 7: 6:00am-7:00am", he played an FBI agent who was shot and wounded in the knee by Jack Bauer.
- In "Day 8: 12:00pm-1:00pm", he played the third of Pavel Tokarev's four operatives killed by Jack Bauer (and the only one to be uncredited).
Gallery of roles Edit
Jack Bauer Edit
Selected filmography Edit
- Searching (2018)
- Jason Bourne (2016)
- Nightcrawler (2014)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009)
- Die Hard 4.0 (2007)
- The 40-year Old Virgin (2005)
- Minority Report (2002)
- Pearl Harbor (2001)
- Enemy of the State (1998)
- Titanic (1997)
- Batman Returns (1992)