As I noted down on Talk:Bullpen, the bullpen was hardly ever referred to as such and it was mainly called the "main floor" or simply "the floor". So I'm proposing to move the bullpen article to "CTU main floor" - and as a result, would also like to change the name of our meta page wiki 24:Bullpen to "wiki 24:Main floor". Seems silly to name a meta-page after something never even mentioned in the show!--Acer4666 (talk) 13:30, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
- I do seem to recall hearing "bullpen" somewhat often... but, I could be wrong. More importantly to me, though, is how "bullpen" has become the name for the project page, here. While you may (?) be right about which term was used most often for those sorts of rooms in the show, our project is separate from the show, and can grow in its own direction. With that in mind, do we really need to move such an established project page, one which has had this name since April 2006?
15:42, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
- On whether or not it was spoken in the show...I'll say that I downloaded subtitle files for all the seasons featuring CTU and there are no mentions of bullpen according to them. They're not 100% reliable, but I've also watched the seasons repeatedly while listening out for the term and not heard it.
- It's a fair point about how long it's had that name on the wiki, but I'll say that one thing I found really confusing when I first joined the wiki was why places like "latest intel", "situation room" etc. all had 24-themed names, and then there was "bullpen" which just wasn't. I always thought it was weird and still do, as someone who was pretty familiar with 24 it kind of seemed wrong.--Acer4666 (talk) 15:48, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Was probably mis-remembering, it seems. With that in mind I'd say go ahead! 16:43, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
- How about Wiki 24:Conference Room? 15:42, December 30, 2015 (UTC)
- That sounds good if people want the change; I'm not too fussed if people want to keep it as "Wiki 24:Bullpen" the same for legacy reasons. The in-universe page is switched now tho :)--Acer4666 (talk) 15:56, December 30, 2015 (UTC)