It seems that -- at least whe I edit a page -- the date of the last edit that appears on the bottom of each page always shows the date of the last but one edit instead of the last. Does anybody know how to fix this? B. harder 01:47, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- I don't have this problem, so I suspect that you are having a cache issue. Try deleting your browser history and clearing the cache. The empty-cache function should be easy to find, for example, in Safari which I'm using, it's right in the Safari pull-down menu in the upper left of my screen. Your browser might have it located in the preferences options. After empyting the cache, quit and restart the browser, and see if it is fixed. You could also delete cookies but only do that if you know what you're doing. If the problem persists let me know here. 02:19, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, yes I've tried that. Doesn't work. I don't think it's a cache problem (at least not in my browser - might of course be an internal cache problem on the wiki's side), because the page shows my name but the date of the last but one edit... for instance the page Day 1 1:00pm-2:00pm which I edited tonight (on December 30) shows the info "B. harder made an edit on December 27, 2008". Maybe you can try if the display is the same for you? If the display in everybody else's browser is ok, I don't think it's worth spending more time on finding the source of this problem... B. harder 02:43, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- I checked that link, and you were right! the date was erroneous. However, I fixed it by performing a "null edit". A null edit is when you open the edit page, and save it without making any changes at all. It forces the wiki to update itself, or something, and it worked on my screen. It should be fixed for you, right?
- Whenever someone tinkers with a template, I'm the loser that goes around null editing everything it links to here, most recently with Simon's work on the DVD template. Without forcing the wiki to update, problems like the one you've found crop up! (also the What Links Here stays outdated.) 06:52, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- thanks for solving that problem! Or rather: providing a workaround. Seems to be a server sided cashing problem, indeed. So I'm gonna null edit the pages when the problem occurs in the future. Otherwise it's too misleading when the edit date is always wrong. I wonder why others don't have that problem, too? B. harder 16:58, 30 December 2008 (UTC)