In the dossier for Tomas Sherek found in Day 4: 7:00am-8:00am, we can see that he is part of "Turkish Crimson Jihad". As with Second Wave and the Dawn Brigade, the writers of 24 do actually name the terrorist cells sometimes, but never emphasize these names much. I believe this is iu evidence of a name for Marwan's group. The most compelling part of this is the mention of Turkey: Marwan and his people were distinctly identified to be Turks. Additionally, the El-Khabir dossier also mentions Jihad.
Anyone else think we've finally pinned down the name for Marwan's group?09:40, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Can't believe this wasn't already on the wiki! Something that is on wikipedia but not wiki 24? --Acer4666 09:51, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
- In answer to your point tho I don't think it is the name of Marwan's terrorist cell responsible for the days events. It just said he is affiliated with it - as well as with second wave, so it's no more likely to b called 'turkish crimson jihad' than they are to be called 'second wave'. All the article coule say was that it was a terror cell that Tomas Sherek was involved with--Acer4666 09:59, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Of course you are right, I had considered this possibility with gritting teeth all along. We have no way of knowing if TCJ is just another of Sherek's groups, possibly a domestic terrorist cell in Turkey, with no American aspirations. But I was hoping someone might corroborate this with a detail or two that we have been missing all this time, so I'll leave the post around. 07:36, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Haha it is annoying that they didn't give the cell a name! But as well as officially according to the wiki rules, I personally believe that the cell was set up specifically for the day's events and therefore wouldn't be in any files created before day 4, if you see what I mean.
- On a related note, can you read that text at the bottom of his profile? I make it out to be 'Tomas Sherek is wanted in connection with the July 11, 2004 bombing of the Continental Hotel, Gaza. He is also ????? in connection with the August 7, 2004 bombing of the ????'. The rest is a bit too blurry, but that's a little more info about him--Acer4666 13:06, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I tried, but it's too blurry for me. 08:09, January 26, 2011 (UTC)