Forum: The Situation Room > News
I was looking at the news on the front page and noticed that it is getting a bit long. I tried to deleted the oldest 3 or 4 items a week or so ago but someone reverted my edit. Is there a reason? --DJS 00:01, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- The stuff you deleted, specifically, 4 articles from May 24, are still gone. You are mistaking the stuff you removed with different news bits that were added afterward. (Check the history and compare it to the current version if ya don't believe me!) – Blue Rook 00:45, 8 October 2007 (UTC)talkcontribs
- I've tried to keep the new history to the last ten items. I'm currently not happy with the front page layout anyway. I definitely think it's time for an overhaul. The OTD and QotD sections can probably be combined to one box (not necessarily one template, just put in the same box). Also, in addition to 24 news, I think a lot of people would be interested in a cast/crew alumni news section. Memory Alpha does this, and someone once tried to add some cast info to our news section, but I took it off, as I figured it was best to keep the news strictly 24-related. But I'd be up for two different sections. Any ideas for the front page? --Proudhug 12:53, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
- I feel that ten items looks messy. Five might look neater and we could always create a news archive. I'll start creating a design to propose for the front page. --DJS 20:19, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- I originally tried to keep it to a smaller number, but during the first half of the year, so many news worthy things happen that you could easily miss things if you were gone for more than a week. I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see each item while it's on the main page. Memory Alpha keeps five long news items on the main page, and our ten small ones take up less space, so it shouldn't be a problem.
- I'm excited to see what you come up with for the main page, though. --Proudhug 21:02, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.