I've been messing around a bit with the sidebar - it seems like there are a lot of idiosyncrasies that have popped up, and a lot of the characters especially could be cleaned up a bit. I've made a new redesigned template that has optional subheadings for government, military, family members, and career info. The new template can be used the same as the current one, and of course, for most characters the subheadings won't be needed, but for the more detailed ones I think it looks way better to gather a lot of the related fields together. Also made a new "Born" and "Died" field to gather together everything rather than having separate "Birth date", "Birth place", "Death date" etc.
To see them log in as ListDemo24 (password abc123) then Visit here and here. --Pyramidhead (talk) 23:07, June 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I like the new splitting of sections, looks really good. I'm not such a fan of losing the border around the sidebar, also I prefer the name at the top to be bigger than the article text. Those are my opinions on it - essentially I'd like to keep the existing top half of the sidebar (picture upwards) with the new bottom half (grey headings for different sections).
- Another question - the implementation at present has different templates for character, location etc. Is this just for demo purposes - is it possible to retain just one template for use in every sidebar situation?--Acer4666 (talk) 16:51, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Might be possible, but honestly it's become a real hassle to keep everything in one template. Lately it seems like half the time I want the IU/OOU line to be there, it's not, or vice versa. It would be pretty easy to automate a switch over to sidebar/character, sidebar/location etc. on the correct pages. We already do that for episodes, so it seemed logical enough. --Pyramidhead (talk) 17:50, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Went ahead and made some changes. I personally like it better with no border, but that's what my style sheet's for! :) --Pyramidhead (talk) 21:16, June 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I really love these changes, especially the highlighted sections (Biographical information, etc.). Pyramidhead you still around? Anyone have any further thoughts about implementing this sidebar? 05:29, November 22, 2014 (UTC)