General — the highest military officer rank attainable in armies worldwide — was used by every branch of the United States armed forces except the Navy (where its equivalent is admiral). American general officers helped various Presidents deal with numerous terrorist crises. This rank was also attained by the leader of the Sangalan People's Freedom Army.
- Bowden (United States Army) — advised President David Palmer on a planned Middle East invasion
- David Brucker (United States Army) — President Taylor's military advisor, who conspired against her
- Coburn (United States Army) — military advisor to President James Heller
- Crane (United States Army) — President Daniels' military advisor, who helped prepare for a possible conflict with Russia
- Mohmar Habib — Middle Eastern general who sponsored the terrorism of Abu Fayed
- Benjamin Juma (People's Freedom Army) — self-declared dictator and warlord of Sangala
- Stone (United States Army) — military advisor to Presidents David Palmer and (briefly) James Prescott
- Thomas (United States Army) — military advisor to President Charles Logan
- Vincent (United States Army) — advised on planning to infiltrate Starkwood compound
- Walsh (United States Air Force) — coordinated the interception of Dmitri Gredenko's aerial drone
- Wagner (United States armed forces) — oversaw the retaking of Sangala from Benjamin Juma
- Warren (United States Marine Corps) — contact of Mike Novick, he was a two-star Major General.