Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Biography and career Edit
Nakia has appeared in a handful of shows and films in the US. His first credited appearance was in 2004, in a short called The One Who Wears Red. In 2012, he appeared in the short A Bitter Pill. Aside of those shorts, Nakia has appeared in films like The Sacred Broccoli Uprising and After the Wizard, which is based in the novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Since 2016, Nakia has had a recurring role as a young William in the TV drama This Is Us.
Nakia continues to work as a theater actor, and has appeared in many plays like A Lesson Before Dying and The Return, among many others.
Role on 24 Edit
Nakia is one of five actors credited for playing a group of villagers from the fictional African country of Sangala during Season 7. Nakia's scenes are all part of a video footage that is shown to President Allison Taylor to show the effects of a biological weapon on humans.
24 credits Edit
Selected filmography Edit
- A Bitter Pill (2012, short film)
- After the Wizard (2011)
- The Sacred Broccoli Uprising (2010)
- The One Who Wears Red (2004, short film)
- This Is Us (2016-present)
- 24 (2009)
- ↑ Nahas, Aili (November 7, 2017). This Is Us’ Jermel Nakia Opens Up About Playing Young William: 'It’s Surreal!'. People.
- ↑ Porter, Toriano (November 29, 2016). KC-area native Jermel Nakia guest stars on hit TV show ‘This is Us’. The Kansas City Star.