|Died:||Day 2: 8:54am|
Shot by Jack Bauer
|Played by:||Carl Ciarfalio|
|First episode:||"Day 2: 8:00am-9:00am"|
|Last episode:||"Day 2: 9:00am-10:00am"|
Marshall Goren was a witness in a federal case against militia leader Joseph Wald.
Goren was charged for eight counts of kidnapping a minor, two counts of child pornography, and first degree murder. However, he had been told that if he testified against Wald he would be able to walk free. He was being kept in a witness protection facility in downtown Los Angeles.
In order to reestablish his cover as a member of Wald's crew, Jack Bauer asked George Mason to bring Goren in to CTU Los Angeles. Without telling either George Mason or Michelle Dessler what he was about to do, Jack shot Goren in the chest at close range. He then cut his head off with a hacksaw and took the severed head to Eddie Grant as proof of his loyalty. ("8:00am-9:00am")
Memorable quotes Edit
- Marshall Goren: I don't need to hear this noise. All I gotta do is testify against Wald, and I walk. (Smiles smugly, but gasps as Jack Bauer pulls out a gun and shoots him point blank in the chest.) ("Day 2: 8:00am-9:00am")
Background information and notes Edit
- Goren is the first person Jack kills inside CTU, and the only person Jack has ever killed in the 8:00am-9:00am hour.
- Goren, along with an antagonist during Day 9, was one of the only two characters (on-screen) to be beheaded by Bauer.
- Of all the first people to die on-screen during a season, Goren was the only one killed by Jack Bauer.
- Goren is one of four non-antagonist characters to be killed by Jack—the other three being Ryan Chappelle, Paul Raines and Curtis Manning.
- In the Indian version of 24, his counterpart is Abu Tandoori.
- In the full list of Jack's kills in Jack's dossier on the premiere of Live Another Day, Goren's name is absent.