|Died:||Day 4: about 5:56pm|
Suicide by slit wrists
|Played by:||Angela Goethals|
|First episode:||"Day 4: 10:00am-11:00am"|
|Last episode:||"Day 4: 6:00pm-7:00pm"|
Maya Driscoll was the daughter of Erin Driscoll. Since the age of 6, she suffered from schizophrenia and had to take Thorazine to control the symptoms. She disliked the way the drug made her feel, complaining that it numbed her. Erin's work meant that she often couldn't be with her daughter and Maya resented her for that.
Day 4[edit | edit source]
During Day 4, Erin had Maya brought into the CTU medical clinic when her neighbor complained about Maya harassing his son, Evan. Due to a mixup with Maya's file, she was given Haldol to calm her down. She had a severe allergic reaction to the drug, but Erin caught the mistake early enough that the doctors were able to neutralize the effects.
Still, Maya's behavior was erratic and disruptive, and she continued to draw her mother's attention away from finding Habib Marwan and stopping the imminent meltdown of dozens of nuclear reactors around the United States. Finally, although Erin promised to take her home as soon as the crisis was over, Maya got away from the medical staff and committed suicide by slitting her wrists with a mirror shard.
As a consequence of this, Erin quit CTU and was replaced with Michelle Dessler, and later Bill Buchanan.
Memorable quotes[edit | edit source]
- Maya Driscoll: Do you love me?
- Erin Driscoll: You know I do.
- Maya Driscoll: Then why don't you say it? ("Day 4: 10:00am-11:00am")
- Erin Driscoll: What happened with Evan? Why did you go over there?
- Maya Driscoll: I know you told me not to, but he was throwing things against the fence!
- Erin Driscoll: He plays with the ball, Maya. He's seven years old.
- Maya Driscoll: I don't care how old he is, he should know better. Are you…gonna talk to his dad about this? ("Day 4: 11:00am-12:00pm")
- Maya Driscoll: I just want to get out of here, mommy. ("Day 4: 5:00pm-6:00pm")
Live appearances[edit | edit source]
* — Corpse only