This is a list of memorable quotes from Mike Novick.
Day 1[edit | edit source]
- David Palmer: Sorry to wake you like this, Mike, but something's come up. I was hoping to keep you out of it.
- Mike Novick: I'm your Chief of staff, David. I shouldn't be kept out of anything.
- David Palmer: It was a private matter.
- Mike Novick: You're running for president. Nothing's private anymore. ("Day 1: 5:00am-6:00am")
- Sherry Palmer: What do you think Mike??
- Mike Novick: Don't put me in the middle of it.
- Sherry Palmer: Well isn't that your job, to be in the middle of it? For crying out loud Mike, it's your job on the line too! ("Day 1: 11:00pm-12:00am")
Day 2[edit | edit source]
- Mike Novick: Do you happen to know if Jack Bauer is still trying to find evidence that the recording was fabricated?
- Ryan Chappelle: Yes, I believe he is, but he's operating outside of our authority.
- Mike Novick: I want you to assist his investigation.
- Ryan Chappelle: Sir, I don't even know where he is.
- Mike Novick: Then find him.
- Ryan Chappelle: Mr. Novick, I'm not sure why you're asking me to do this, but I was told we're already at war, and to proceed accordingly.
- Mike Novick: We're not at war yet, you have 30 minutes to report back to me the findings of Bauer and your efforts.
- Ryan Chappelle: But, sir---
- Mike Novick: (in a stern voice) That's a direct order, Ryan! You have my channel, I want you to call me back on this line. That's all! (hangs up) ("Day 2: 7:00am-8:00am")
- David Palmer: I'm relieving you from your post, effective immediately.
- Mike Novick: Yes, Mr. President. ("Day 2: 7:00am-8:00am")
Day 5[edit | edit source]
- Charles Logan: What is it, Mike?
- Mike Novick: David Palmer's been assassinated. ("Day 5: 7:00am-8:00am")
- Aaron Pierce: (after an intimate moment with First Lady Martha Logan) Mike, I want you to know nothing happened in there.
- Mike Novick: (skeptically) Whatever didn't happen, just make sure it doesn't happen again. ("Day 5: 5:00pm-6:00pm")
- Karen Hayes: Is there anything else you want to tell me?
- Mike Novick: Nothing that I can say with any authority. All I know is that...it's been a strange night. (pauses) I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
- Karen Hayes: No--actually, Mike, you've been very helpful. Thank you.("Day 5: 1:00am-2:00am")
- Charles Logan: I don't see where any of this becomes your business, Mike.
- Mike Novick: I'll tell you where, Mr. President. I'm your Chief of Staff - if there's something going on that I don't know about that involves national security, it is my business.
- Charles Logan: This isn't national security, Mike - it's our marriage. ("Day 5: 2:00am-3:00am")
- Jack Bauer: Yeah?
- Mike Novick: The President has just notified Secret Service he's going to be delayed.
- Jack Bauer: How long?
- Mike Novick: He didn't say, but Mrs. Logan knows we need as much time as possible. Jack... if Logan doesn't confess... how far are you actually willing to go?
- Jack Bauer: As far as I have to. ("Day 5: 5:00am-6:00am")
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.