|Affiliation:||Counter Terrorist Unit|
|Profession:||Director of Field Operations, CTU LA|
|Died:||Day 4: 8:57am|
Shot by Kalil Hasan
|Played by:||Shawn Doyle|
Day 4 Edit
During the search for prime terrorist suspect Tomas Sherek, Ronnie went into the field with Agents Aaron and Sean to check out a lead in the search for Sherek on Maurice Landstrass, a man with known terrorist ties who ran a laundromat. Primarily from insight provided by Jack Bauer, who was viewing the live feed of the operation, Ronnie discovered that Landstrass was sheltering Sherek. He and his team quickly captured Sherek. After James Heller was kidnapped, Lobell clashed with Erin Driscoll over whether to let Jack Bauer operate in the field. However, he followed her orders to work with Bauer.
Jack and Ronnie went to Union Station to pick-up Andrew Paige. However, Kalil Hasan, who was posing as Jack, forced Andrew to leave the station with him. When Lobell and Bauer located Hasan, they argued over whether to apprehend him or tail him to see if he would lead them to Secretary Heller. Lobell cuffed Bauer to a handrail and attempted to arrest Hasan by himself. However, Hasan had already caught sight of Ronnie and quickly pulled out a gun and shot Lobell, hitting him twice in the chest. With the last of his strength, Lobell handed Bauer the key to his handcuffs.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Jack Bauer: Look, what happened earlier in holding with Sherek...I had intel that told me I didn't have time to do it any other way. I'm sorry.
- Ronnie Lobell: Apology accepted. But if you try to exceed my authority again, I will stop you cold. ("Day 4: 8:00am-9:00am")
- Ronnie Lobell: I read your file. It must've really burned you up when Driscoll fired you.
- Jack Bauer: She did me a favor. I wanted to get my life back. I wouldn't have been able to do that if I were doing field work.
- Ronnie Lobell: So how's the master plan going? Do you have a life yet?
- Jack Bauer: ...Yeah... ("Day 4: 8:00am-9:00am")
Background information and notes Edit
- A scene in which Ronnie roughs up a suspect was filmed to introduce him as a no-nonsense, aggressive agent, but it was deleted from the season premiere.
- With only two appearances, Ronnie Lobell is the shortest running director of field operations.
| Preceded by:|
| CTU Los Angeles|
Director of Field Operations
| Succeeded by:|