|Played by:||Shawn Doyle|
|First episode:||Day 4 7:00am-8:00am|
|Last episode:||Day 4 8:00am-9:00am|
After James Heller was kidnapped, Lobell clashed with Erin Driscoll over whether to let Jack Bauer help with the investigation. However, he followed her orders to work with Bauer. Ronnie went into the field with Agents Aaron and Sean to check out a lead on Maurice Landstrass. With help from Bauer, who was viewing the live feed of the operation, Ronnie determined that Landstrass was sheltering prime terrorist suspect Tomas Sherek. He and his team quickly captured Sherek.
When Lobell and Bauer located Kalil Hasan, they argued over whether to apprehend him or tail him to see if he would lead them to Secretary Heller. Lobell cuffed Bauer to a handrail and attempted to arrest Hasan by himself. However, Hasan had caught sight of the two and quickly pulled out a gun and shot Lobell, hitting him twice in the chest. With the last of his strength, Lobell tossed Bauer the key to his handcuffs.
- Jack Bauer: Look, what happened earlier in holding with Sherek...I had intel that told me I didn't have time to do it any other way. I'm sorry.
- Ronnie Lobell: Apology accepted. But if you try to exceed my authority again, I will stop you cold. (Day 4 8:00am-9:00am)
- Ronnie Lobell: I read your file. It must've really burned you up when Driscoll fired you.
- Jack Bauer: She did me a favor. I wanted to get my life back. I wouldn't have been able to do that if I were doing field work.
- Ronnie Lobell: So how's the master plan going? Do you have a life yet?
- Jack Bauer: ...Yeah... (Day 4 8:00am-9:00am)
Background information and notes
- A scene in which Ronnie roughs up a suspect was filmed to introduce him as a no-nonsense, aggressive agent, but it was deleted from the season premiere.
- With only two appearances, Ronnie Lobell is the shortest running director of field operations.