Three years after Day 1, Jai Singh Rathod is struggling with alcoholism after the loss of his wife and his efforts to put renowned terrorist Roshan Sherchan in prison. Roshan is scheduled to be executed that day, but Jai enacts a secret plan to break him out of jail. When a deadly virus is threatened to be released by Roshan's brother Haroon, the ATU including Shibani Mallick and Vedant Acharya work to track down Kush Sawant, the carrier of the virus. Jai successfully breaks Roshan out of prison and delivers him to Haroon, and Shibani, Vedant and Gyan Thakkar reveal to Prime Minister Aditya Singhania that they have been planning a sting operation to get Jai undercover with the Sherchans.
Jai and Haroon bring Roshan up to speed on their deal whereby a an arms dealer is going to pay them to release a weaponised virus in 6 major cities. They go to collect the virus but Roshan almost scuppers the deal by bumping up their price, but Dhruv agrees to the new terms. During the virus exchange, the ATU intervene and Haroon is killed, but Roshan escapes with the 6 vials of virus. He vows to get revenge on Jai and the Indian government by releasing the virus in Mumbai.
The ATU interrogate Dhruv Awasthi and trace a middle man to a club, where they arrest Balraj, one of Roshan's men. However, a vial of virus is released at the Hotel Gateway Residency, where Veer Singh Rathod and Gyan Thakkar attempt to control the outbreak. Through Haroon's girlfriend Maya they track down one of Roshan's old girlfriends, but Roshan orders the execution of Shibani Mallick which Jai is forced to carry out.
Roshan's daughter Vaidehi Sharma is located, and Kiran Rathod goes undercover as her to lead the ATU to Roshan. However, as the ATU are closing in Roshan coerces Siddharth Saigal into helping him by taking his son hostage. Siddharth agrees to trade Vaidehi for his son, but at the exchange the ATU intervene and Roshan is killed by Jai. Meanwhile, Bhisham Bhowmick is exposed to the virus and it spreads throughout the city, infecting Aditya Singhania. Jai tracks down the last vials and attempts to uncover the true mastermind, who has developed a cure for the virus. He initially identifies Devyani Bhowmick as the culprit, but she was framed by her father Bhisham, who is arrested by Jai. The cure is circulated to treat everyone infected, but a video of Jai killing Shibani is released onto the internet and Shibani's mother Nupur takes revenge by shooting him.
Major subplots Edit
- Veer Singh Rathod works to stop the outbreak at the Hotel Gateway Residency from spreading, including tracking down a guest who escapes.
- Jai Singh Rathod's plan to break Roshan out of prison, involving killing a mob boss and delivering his head to B.E.S.T. Shankar, as well as kidnapping the son of the prison warden.
- Naina Singhania attempts to get back into Aditya's inner circle.
- Prithvi Singhania's affair with Antara Mane Shinde, the wife of Aditya's coalition partner.
- Aditya is attempting to pass a health bill that is opposed by the pharmaceutical lobby.
- Aditya's relationship with Devyani Bhowmick, a doctor who is being investigated for malpractice.
- Kiran Rathod is forced to abscond with her neighbor's child Milli, to protect her from her abusive father.
- Mihir and Zara Owais work together at the ATU while flirting with each other; Mihir's sister Saba becomes infected by the virus.
- Shibani Mallick has an autistic son, and clashes with her ex-husband Siddharth Saigal who is sent to the ATU to take over. Their son is eventually captured and used as leverage against Siddharth.
- Dr Bhisham Bhowmick works with his team to find a cure for the virus, but it turns out he had one all along and was masterminding the terror plot to bolster the pharmaceutical lobby's influence.
- Jai has a past romantic history with Maya, Haroon Sherchan's girlfriend.
- Veer Singh Rathod refuses to forgive his father for what happened to Trisha Rathod.
- Directors for this season were Abhinay Deo, Rensil D'Silva, Karan Boolani, and Jijy Phillip. Abhinay Deo served as the series director.
- Rensil D'Silva was the principal scriptwriter, and wrote along with Bhavani Iyer, Udayan Bhat, Ruchika Roy, and Rohit Malhotra. Niranjan Iyengar, Athar Nawaaz, Abhijit Deshpande, Sumit Arora and Rohit Malhotra were dialogue writers, and Udayan Bhat was the script editor. Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran were credited as original creators of the material and original 24 writers Michael Loceff, Howard Gordon, Stephen Kronish, Evan Katz, Duppy Demetrius, and Virgil Williams had their remade episodes credited to them. B.R. Sharan provided creative supervision.
- Filming on Season 2 ended on September 28, 2016.
- Main article: Season 2 cast
- Original series counterparts indicated in parentheses
- Anil Kapoor as Jai Singh Rathod (Jack Bauer)
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Roshan Sherchan (Ramon Salazar, Stephen Saunders)
- Surveen Chawla as Maya (Claudia Hernandez)
- Sikandar Kher as Haroon Sherchan (Hector Salazar)
- Sakshi Tanwar as Shibani Mallick (Michelle Dessler, Ryan Chappelle)
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Vedant Acharya (Tony Almeida, Chase Edmunds)
- Sumit Kaul as Gyan Thakkar (Gael Ortega)
- Anita Raaj as Naina Singhania (Sherry Palmer)
- Neil Bhoopalam as Aditya Singhania (David Palmer)
- Raaghav Chanana as Prithvi Singhania (Wayne Palmer)
- Sapna Pabbi as Kiran Rathod (Kim Bauer)
- Ritu Shivpuri as Dr. Sunny Mehta (Sunny Macer)
- Madhurima Tuli as Dr. Devyani Bhowmick (Anne Packard)
- Harsh Chhaya as Siddharth Saigal (Ryan Chappelle, Tony Almeida)
- Angad Bedi as Dhruv Awasthi (Michael Amador, Ted Packard)
- Akshay Ajit Singh as Veer Singh Rathod (Michelle Dessler)
- Gurpreet Saini as Mihir (Adam Kaufman)
- Gunjan Malhotra as Zara Owais (Kim Bauer, Chloe O'Brian)
- Karanvir Sharma as Raj Singh Bhakta (Chase Edmunds)
- Sharad Ponkshe as Amar Mane Shinde (Alan Milliken)
- Amruta Khanvilkar as Antara Mane Shinde (Julia Milliken)
- Dr. Girish Oak as Girish Joshi (Kevin Mitchell)
- Akash Khurana as Dr. Bhisham Bhowmick
- Manasi Rachh as Maddy (Osterlind)
- Megha Burman as Vaidehi Sharma (Jane Saunders)
- Naveen Polishetty as Kush Sawant (Kyle Singer)
- Pallavi Patil as Mitali (Linda)
- Nikhil Sangha as Inder Saxena (Gary Matheson)
- Nagesh Bhonsle as Inspector Marathe (Luis Annicon)
- Pavitra Sarkar as Vasudev Varma
- Nikkitasha Marwaha as Mehr (Nina Myers)
- Vidyut Xavier as Rahul Joshi
- Devyani Bhatia as Sara Saxena (Carla Matheson)
- Hetvi Bhanushali as Milli Saxena (Megan Matheson)
- Uday Lagoo as Mr. Sawant (Sam Singer)
- Anjali Ujjwane as Mrs. Sawant (Helen Singer)
- Kishor Chandra Shrivastav as Dr. Naman Dixit (Nicole Duncan)
- Krishna Kumar Bisht as Chang (David Gomez, Marcus Alvers)
- Virendra Giri as Balraj (Michael Amador)
- Jayesh Raj as Abhishek (Tom Baker)
- Prerna Wanvari as Gayatri Vasudev
- Jitin Gulati as Abinash Roy (Craig Phillips)
- SM Zaheer as Shantaram (Kevin Kelly)
- Kiran Janjani as Abhay Yadav (William Cole)
- Kavita Ghai as Anjali Sharma (Diana White)
- Ravi Sangvai as Khosla
- See also: Episodes § Season 2
|"10:00am-11:00am"||1|| Abhinay Deo &|
|July 23, 2016|
|It's been three years since the events of Day 1. ATU agent Jai Singh Rathod is in rehab, but has a secret plan involving an old enemy who is scheduled to be executed. Shibani Mallick, the new head of the ATU, discovers a plot to release a deadly virus in Mumbai. Aditya Singhania is spending his last day in the city.|
|"11:00am-12:00pm"||2|| Abhinay Deo &|
|July 24, 2016|
|Aditya Singhania is briefed on the growing terrorist threat. He orders the transfer of Roshan Sherchan to another cell, forcing Jai Singh Rathod to rethink his plans. Vedant Acharya leads the raid of a drughouse in search of a possible lead, while Kiran Rathod is put in a compromising situation by her landlord.|
|"12:00pm-1:00pm"||3||Rensil D'Silva||July 30, 2016|
|ATU close in on the virus, while Jai Singh Rathod resorts to drastic measures to ensure his plan is back on track. Aditya Singhania negotiates with the pharmaceutical lobby about his health bill, and Roshan Sherchan takes his revenge while in solitary confinement. Veer Singh Rathod returns home to his sister, but reveals some news about their father.|
|"1:00pm-2:00pm"||4|| Rensil D'Silva &|
|July 31, 2016|
|The ATU track down Kush Sawant, but Vedant Acharya is injured. Kush and his girlfriend are taken by Haroon's men, and Maya learns about Jai's motives. Aditya and Devyani have to deal with their respective parents, and Zara throws a spanner in Jai Singh Rathod's plan.|
|"2:00pm-3:00pm"||5||Rensil D'Silva||August 6, 2016|
|A riot breaks out at Pune Central Jail as Jai Singh Rathod carries out his plan to break Roshan Sherchan out of captivity. ATU close in on Kush Sawant's whereabouts, and Kiran Rathod helps Milli Saxena to prepare for her birthday. Girish Joshi is put in a difficult situation, and Jai and Roshan are held captive by an angry inmate.|
|"3:00pm-4:00pm"||6|| Rensil D'Silva &|
|August 7, 2016|
|Jai Singh Rathod must escape from the Pune Central Jail with Roshan Sherchan. Aditya Singhania realises the situation is getting worse, so orders Shibani Mallick to accompany him. Naina Singhania has suspicions about Devyani Bhowmick, and Kiran Rathod's situation becomes dangerous when her neighbor arrives home.|
|"4:00pm-5:00pm"||7||Rensil D'Silva||August 13, 2016|
|The police tighten the net around Jai Singh Rathod and Roshan Sherchan, forcing them to improvise during their journey to Mumbai. Kiran Rathod takes Milli Saxena to hospital, and Kush Sawant struggles with the news of his impending death. Naina Singhania involves herself in the Aditya's situation by approaching Prithvi Singhania, and Zara Owais makes a shocking discovery about Gyan.|
|"5:00pm-6:00pm"||8||Rensil D'Silva||August 14, 2016|
|Siddharth Saigal becomes the new head of the ATU, and brings Veer Singh Rathod in to track down Jai. Devyani Bhowmick attends a medical tribunal, while Naina tells Aditya about her meeting with another man. Gyan Thakkar is discovered as the mole at the ATU, and Vedant Acharya wakes up from surgery.|
|"6:00pm-7:00pm"||9||Rensil D'Silva||August 20, 2016|
|Shibani Mallick, Vedant Acharya and Gyan Thakkar reveal their plan to Siddharth Saigal and Aditya Singhania. Roshan Sherchan is reunited with his brother Haroon, but he still harbors a desire to kill Jai Singh Rathod. Naina Singhania finds out information about Devyani Bhowmick's past, and Veer Singh Rathod gets a lead on the location of his sister.|
|"7:00pm-8:00pm"||10|| Rensil D'Silva &|
|August 21, 2016|
|Roshan Sherchan suspects Jai Singh Rathod of playing them, and so sets him a test of his loyalty. The ATU lose Jai's signal, so Aditya Singhania prepares a more drastic plan B. Inder Saxena is cornered by the police, and Prithvi Singhania speaks to Antara Mane Shinde about their relationship.|
|"8:00pm-9:00pm"||11||Rensil D'Silva||August 27, 2016|
|The virus exchange begins between Haroon and Roshan Sherchan and their contact. Jai Singh Rathod find a way to make contact with the ATU, avoiding a catastrophic loss of life. Amar Mane Shinde threatens Aditya Singhania's government, and Aditya takes harsh steps with his mother.|
|"9:00pm-10:00pm"||12|| Rensil D'Silva &|
|August 28, 2016|
|Amar Mane Shinde gives Aditya Singhania an ultimatum over the affair between Prithvi and his wife, and Naina spots an opportunity to get back into Aditya's inner circle. Dhruv Awasthi delays the virus deal while he considers Roshan Sherchan's new offer,and Jai Singh Rathod attempts to contact the ATU with the help of Maya.|
|"10:00pm-11:00pm"||13|| Abhinay Deo &|
|September 3, 2016|
|The exchange goes ahead, and Jai Singh Rathod intervenes in an attempt to secure the virus. Haroon Sherchan is killed but his brother Roshan escapes with one of the vials. Dhruv Awasthi flees the area with Jai in hot pursuit. Amar Mane Shinde backs off after a threat from Naina Singhania.|
|"11:00pm-12:00am"||14||Karan Boolani||September 4, 2016|
|Jai Singh Rathod returns to the ATU after his successful mission, but realises that the danger may be far from over. Maya attempts to escape with her father, but events take a turn for the worse. Naina Singhania makes contact with Shantaram in order to gain leverage over Amar Mane Shinde.|
|"12:00am-1:00am"||15|| Karan Boolani &|
|September 10, 2016|
|Jai Singh Rathod is investigated for his breaches of protocol, but after an encounter with an escaped prisoner is allowed to return to the field. Roshan Sherchan prepares his devastating attacks, and the ATU close in on his position. Chang prepares to plant a vial of the virus in a hotel, and Aditya Singhania spends some time with Devyani Bhowmick.|
|"1:00am-2:00am"||16||Karan Boolani||September 11, 2016|
|Chang releases the virus at the Hotel Gateway Residency, as the ATU teams try to contain the situation. Gyan Thakkar becomes infected with the virus and starts to show symptoms. Naina Singhania goes to visit Amar Mane Shinde, with fatal consequences. Jai and Vedant follow Balraj in an attempt to track down Roshan Sherchan.|
|"2:00am-3:00am"||17||Karan Boolani||September 17, 2016|
|Veer Singh Rathod and the other ATU agents work to maintain a perimeter at the hotel as the guests start to wake up. Gyan Thakkar's symptoms worsen. Jai and Vedant pursue Balraj, but end up at a dead end. Aditya Singhania learns that Devyani Bhowmick is affiliated with a perpetrator of the terrorist plot.|
|"3:00am-4:00am"||18||Karan Boolani||September 18, 2016|
|After the ATU's latest lead goes cold, Roshan Sherchan demands that Jai Singh Rathod execute Shibani Mallick, or he will release the virus. The ATU do their best to find the location of the next virus tube, and Zara Owais is able to trace Roshan through money trails. However, things to do not go to plan for the ATU.|
|"4:00am-5:00am"||19|| Rensil D'Silva &|
|September 24, 2016|
|Jai Singh Rathod, Siddharth Saigal and the rest of the ATU come to terms with Shibani Mallick's death. Veer Singh Rathod finds out someone got out of the hotel before the lockdown was initiated. ATU believe Dhruv Awasthi may hold the secret to the virus, and Devyani Bhowmick goes to speak with him. Naina Singhania realises she left a piece of evidence at her crime scene, and Maya gives Jai his next lead.|
|"5:00am-6:00am"||20|| Rensil D'Silva &|
|September 25, 2016|
|The ATU locate Roshan Sherchan's daughter, and Kiran Rathod goes undercover in a mission to track down Roshan himself. Raj Singh Bhakta finds the man who left the hotel. Bhisham Bhowmick attempts to make amends with his daughter, and the body of Amar Mane Shinde is discovered by his housekeeper.|
|"6:00am-7:00am"||21||Karan Boolani||October 1, 2016|
|Jai rescues Kiran from Roshan Sherchan's grasp, and the ATU surround Roshan at the docks. However, Siddharth Saigal's hand is forced when Roshan exploits his only weakness. Naina Singhania pays her respects after Amar Mane Shinde's death, and Antara reveals a shocking secret to Prithvi.|
|"7:00am-8:00am"||22||Karan Boolani||October 2, 2016|
|Siddharth Saigal tries to cover up the fact he helped Roshan Sherchan escape. Jai Singh Rathod and Vedant Acharya uncover the truth and relieve him of his duties, but not before he takes Vaidehi Sharma out of the ATU. Aditya Singhania meets Devyani, but starts showing symptoms of the virus.|
|"8:00am-9:00am"||23||Abhinay Deo, Rensil D'Silva & Karan Boolani||October 8, 2016|
|The exchange of Vaidehi Sharma and Kabir Mallick is successful and Roshan Sherchan is finally caught by Jai Singh Rathod. As Aditya Singhania's health worsens, Naina starts to make a power play. The ATU attempt to contain the last two vials of the virus, and a reporter turns up at the Hotel Gateway Residency.|
|"9:00am-10:00am"||24|| Karan Boolani &|
|October 9, 2016|
|Jai Singh Rathod contains the last vial of the virus, and tracks down the people behind it. Devyani Bhowmick is suspected of involvement, but the true mastermind is eventually uncovered. A cure to the virus is discovered, and a damning video of Jai is released on the internet.|
| Previous season:|
| First episode:|
| Next season:|