|Behind the scenes in 24: On the Loose|
August 16, 1954
|Role:||1. Prison guard|
2. Riot guard
Biography and career[edit | edit source]
Ted Barba is a prolific stunt performer, coordinator, and actor. He attended Chatsworth High School in California. Barba started his career in 1982, appearing in TV series like Matt Houston and The New Lassie. Through his career, he has worked in other TV shows like Star Trek: Voyager, L.A. Heat, and ER (with Sara Gilbert).
However, Barba's most notable work has been on films. He has worked stunts on films like Batman & Robin, Scream 2, The Untouchables, Point Break, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Transformers, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, among many others.
Role on 24[edit | edit source]
Barba played two different roles during Season 3 of 24. In Day 3: 4:00pm-5:00pm, he played a prison guard who was wandering the cells when they were all opened, and he was beaten up by John Meier's character. In the next episode, he lay on the floor getting kicked by the inmates. Later in that episode he played one of the captured riot guards, the first to be shot by Peel. Barba was not credited for his appearances.
Gallery of roles[edit | edit source]
24 credits[edit | edit source]
- "Day 3: 5:00pm-6:00pm" (uncredited)
[edit | edit source]
- 24: On the Loose. In the featurette, we see Gregory J. Barnett instructing John Meier, Troy Gilbert and other inmates on how to stage the fight with Ted. Later, Gregory finds Ted sleeping between roles and talks about how tough being a stuntman is - Ted wakes up and says he was still in character as a dead man.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Geostorm (2017)
- Free State of Jones (2016)
- Wild Card (2015)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
- Olympus Has Fallen (2013)
- Seven Psychopaths (2012)
- Legion (2010)
- Die Hard 4.0 (2007)
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
- Batman & Robin (1997)
- Kindergarten Cop (1990)