I'm compiling a list of unknown or unconfirmed character appearances on 24. So far, this is what I've got for the first season. My goal is to have everyone on the lookout for these things while watching the series, and hopefully eventually solve these mysteries. Many of these may in fact be non-appearances, while others may just have gone unnoticed, so additional sets of eyes would be very helpful. I'm hoping that some of the deleted scenes on the upcoming Season 1: Special Edition DVD will clear up some of these matters. Comments are welcome at the bottom of the page.
Season 1 Edit
- Arroyave is credited for this episode, but doesn't seem to make an appearance.
- Several characters speak in the ER as Janet York is brought in, however all of their mouths are covered so it's impossible to know who's who.
- Garcia appears in two episodes during Day 1, credited as "Fox Anchor" in 7am-8am and as "Reporter" in 7pm-8pm. His Fox broadcast shows his character's name is also "Rick Garcia." However during his second appearance he is reporting for CNB instead of Fox. Are we to assume this is a different character?
- Jorgensen appears in two episodes. His first appearance is uncredited, while the second one lists the actor as Lew Dauber. However, it appears to me that the character was played by a different actor in his first appearance.
- Dunster is credited as a "Security Guard," however the only speaking role unaccounted for appears to be the concierge at 21500 Riverside Drive who tells Jack what floor Cofell Enterprises is on. Either he is a security guard and not a concierge, or Dunster's role is unseen. Since Dunster has served as a personal assistant to both Kiefer and Donald Sutherland, this could be easily verified.
- Epstein is credited as "Assistant" in 11am-12pm, and as "Al" in 1pm-2pm and 8pm-9pm. In 11am-12pm he can be seen informing Alberta Green that Jack Bauer is on the line. He does the same thing with Nina and Mason in 8pm-9pm, so presumably this is the same CTU worker. However, I can't find him anywhere in 1pm-2pm.
- Near as I can determine, there is no character "Amanda" seen or mentioned in 2pm-3pm. Landey also plays Eve in "Day 2 6:00am-7:00am."
- Baltz is credited for this episode, but doesn't seem to appear. He likely had scenes that were cut from the final version of the episode. It's possible that he's out-of-focus behind Jack when Mason runs over and says he's tagging along to Saugus at R1 DVD times 06:08 and 06:42.
- It is unclear who "Sam's Partner" is meant to be. It's possible that Mariah Pasos plays the cop who accompanies Krugman on the drug bust. This would make Krugman's first name Sam, or at least his undercover name. She has no lines, so it'd be unusual for her to get a credit, however I can't find anyone else who this could be. The shooting script would likely clear this up.
- Patty does not appear in this episode. She may possibly be seen out-of-focus behind Sherry in the final split-screen of the episode, however.
- At 11:08 on the R1 DVD, a man can be seen being interviewed on TV among "Hodges" campaign signs. It's possible this is Hodges himself.
- Hastings is credited for 9pm-10pm, but can't be found anywhere in the episode.
- Mason mentions Karris as one of the CTU agents who arrived at the Port of Los Angeles after Jack had killed Drazen and all his men, however the character doesn't seem to make an on-screen appearances. Perhaps his scenes were deleted.
Comments and theories Edit
I'm encouraging everyone to post their thoughts on these anomalies and help confirm these appearances/non-appearances, or even just give opinions or general comments on the above information.
- With regards to Sam's partner, I believe that the woman with Krugman is almost certainly the partner. The camera gets a few good close-ups (or near-close-ups) of her face, which is considerably more than Mae got, another credited character with not a single line.
- With regards to Harris 9-10pm appearance, only two possibilities come to mind.
- 1. He showed up but his scenes were deleted. I get the impression that you treat deleted scenes like plague :P. Although they aren't canonical, and for good reason, you might get your answer there. I would have done this already but don't own season 1 DVDs.
- 2. The unofficial transcript that you can get online is correct, and Harris is in the episode after all. According to the transcript , which I can't verify since the online episode site I go to seems to have been pulled, it is Harris that talks to Mason in the garage where Alexis is given away. The "my English is clear" guy. Again, this is from an unofficial transcript website, so you can check its veracity in a matter of minutes with the episode DVD itself. I wish I could recall it myself but it has been awhile since I've seen the season 1 reruns.
- With regards to Karris, bulletpoint 1 for Harris might also apply to him too. Perhaps Karris is like Alam, a completely deleted character? – Blue Rook 18:17, 14 July 2007 (UTC)talkcontribs
I'm almost positive "Sam's Partner" is her, as well, but we can't know for sure until it's confirmed either by a script or someone who can place the actress.
Unfortunately, the only deleted scene available on the first season set is the alternate ending of the finale. The non-appearances of Jamey, Al, Amanda, Teddy, Patty, Harris and Karris would most likely all be explained by deleted scenes, but until a rerelease S1 DVD set comes out with these scenes, we can't know for sure. In the meantime, we can still hope to spot them in the background like I may have done with Teddy and Patty. The unofficial transcript you cited is 100% wrong about Harris. That character is definitely Serge, who reappears in the finale; He's played by Endre Hules, who also appeared as a Russian in S6. Coincidentally, The Unofficial Guide also mistakenly calls him "Harris" in its summaries.
Karris is definitely not a completely deleted character, as he's mentioned by name by Mason in that episode. --Proudhug 19:07, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- That's true, it might be jumping the gun with the Sam's partner thing. For Serge, thanks for verifying that one; it was the only idea I had on that topic. Just so we're not right back on square one with all of these matters, do you think you have enough on Karris to make a barebones page for him? We've got: name, actor, season, categories (CTU, field agent, and Mentioned characters at the very least), and a small body of the article (you already know what he was doing). And if someone can get a pic or figure more out at a later time, the page can always be updated.
- Different topic: I linked up most of the named/credited characters for season 2 in as many ways as I found time, but one still remains: Kevin, Day 2 12:00pm-1:00pm. His actor played a Tech in Day 3 1:00am-2:00am. Now, I found a tech guy in day 2 who spoke with Michelle at two different points. I checked the day 3 episode and found the same actor playing a tech in at least one scene. The only difference is a slight hairstyle change, in day2 he has his hair parted, and in day3 he has it more slicked back. Same actor, though, so I'm certain I've found the roles. I can find no reason to treat the two roles as separate characters (especially given that both are techs). So, when I make the page, treat them as the same guy, yes? – Blue Rook 20:40, 14 July 2007 (UTC)talkcontribs
Yeah, I can get around to adding a page for Karris later, if you or someone else doesn't beat me to it. As for the tech, yeah, I'd say there's no reason to assume it's a different character. --Proudhug 21:06, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
Shouldn't this be moved to the Wiki 24 project namespace? Having it in userspace with comments but no additions spelled out as welcomed might keep people from finding it and contributing. – Blue Rook 05:57, 26 July 2007 (UTC)talk contribs
This is complete guesswork and most likely the side affects of watching to much scrubs but the intern from season 1 (4am-5am) may be wearing different coloured scrubs than the other doctors...just a guess. 2Anthony4 18:16, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Proudhug, how do you feel about the recent developments regarding Amanda? They're on her talk page and on Talk:Deleted scenes. Simon and I have determined to our satisfaction that it refers to the waitress in 2p-3p whom Andre notices. She also appears in a deleted scene. The only question I have personally about her now is if her deleted scene is actually from 3-4p, when Andre is waiting for the call from Alexis. 21:11, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
- I haven't had a chance to check this yet, but I have no doubt we've found Amanda. --Proudhug 21:24, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
Harris, Part II Edit
Okay, I know this will sound insane, but Harris actually does appear in 9pm-10pm! Of course, you were right (in the above 14 July 2007 post) last year, regarding the character who spoke those lines to Mason. It was definitely Serge. But Harris is next to him! Right after Serge says "we're on a schedule, remember?" the camera moves from Serge to the man standing beside him, and blam, I couldn't believe it, but that's Harris. No one noticed him simply because he is totally un-notable: he hasn't got a single line, and he looks different, since his camouflage hat and outfit from his other two episodes is gone. I've included an image here, and will drop it into Harris's article when I finish my edits for it.09:25, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Al: solved Edit
Definitely was a deleted scene case. I've made the appropriate changes according to Forum:Characters from deleted scenes and my best judgment. 06:06, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
Mike Hodges Edit
I saw Hodges on the screen and thought it was probably him. I don't think there's any way we can confirm it though, because after rewatching the episode there is no tag on the screen that fully confirms it is him. Do you have any ideas? --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 18:30, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Is there any chance that this person could be Hodge's spokesman or something? Wait haha Simon read your first sentence again! 06:16, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
Ray Hale intern: solved Edit
I just watched the deleted scene from this episode. Ray Hale pretty much has to be the deleted character in this scene (not a masked intern that appeared in the aired version), but I don't have any pics of Ray Hale the actor to confirm it definitely. Ray Hale is like Mariah Pasos: we have found them for all intents and purposes, but cannot prove it (yet). Right?06:16, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
- Just got screencaps of Ray Hale from the episode of the television show "Medical Investigation" mentioned on IMDB. It's 100% certainly the fellow I made the entry for over on Unnamed deleted characters. All the appropriate changes have been made; everyone's welcome to email me if you'd like images for proof. 18:31, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Karris, Part II Edit
I prepared the page for Karris as discussed above (the 14 July 2007 posts), but then watched the episode and I'm confident I've actually found him. A CTU agent (male, black, thin build) has no lines but gives Jack the phone used by the Coast Guard officer, and I took some screens of him. I then searched for "Tico Wells" and found three unrelated images of the same black actor, who looks very like this agent. Despite the poor quality of the frames in which the agent appeared (bad lighting job, he's black and it's night, and definitely not focused correctly), they have the same facial features and exact same hairline.
If I'm wrong, we can always just remove the pic, the part about him giving the phone, and then change him to Mentioned character status. But I'm confident I'm correct, because we do know for sure that Karris was an agent at that scene. Everyone, please evaluate!06:16, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
More characters Edit
Might I add Ryan Quintana as Team Leader, and Steven Arthur as Military Officer. Steven Arthur could be the officer that takes Palmer's keycard. I think we should also include characters who are portrayed by unknown actors, such as Irv and Harris. Sk84life 05:58, 12 December 2008 (UTC)