Welcome to my talk page - feel free to leave a message below to ask about anything! You can visit the following archives to view past discussions:
- Archive 1 (July 2009 - Jan 2012)
- Archive 2 (Feb 2012 - Dec 2013)
- Archive 3 (Jan 2014 - Oct 2014)
- Archive 4 (Dec 2014 - Oct 2016)
- Full archive
For the Mark Gelson since he is still alive, I feel it should be "Mark Gelson is a former movie star" instead of "Mark Gelson was a former movie star." The past tense implies he's dead. (RangerSmith (talk) 23:52, November 21, 2016 (UTC))
- Hey, I replied on your talk page! Thanks--Acer4666 (talk) 17:54, November 22, 2016 (UTC)
All right, well if you haven't figured it out yet I forgot whether or not it's better to reply to messages on my talk page or to respond on yours. >__< But anyways. Yeah, I did have an account here many years ago. But after the show "ended," I kinda lost interest in Wikis in general, including this one. Seeing the trailer for Legacy got me back into 24 again, plus I discovered that the Omnibus bundle and Underground comics were on sale over the holiday, so I bought them. Then I discovered that the Expanded Universe deaths list was incomplete, and that several characters don't have their own pages. So I'm here to rectify all that. ;) Anyway, thanks for the tip about the images; I forgot to license and categorize them as well. I'll be sure to ask you or Rook any questions in the future if need be. TykTrope59 (talk) 12:09, November 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Hopefully the categories are right now!--Acer4666 (talk) 22:50, December 11, 2016 (UTC)
Charlie Grisham in 24
The image of Charlie Grisham is needed since Fernando Chien told us about that stuntman alongside Jalil Jay Lynch who portrayed CTU security guards on "Day 6: 2:00am-3:00am". BattleshipMan (talk) 23:00, December 12, 2016 (UTC)
New 24: Legacy behind the scenes trailer
I found the 24: Legacy behind the scenes trailer that is on the link here. It has some new additional scenes and reveals the full name of Bailey Chase's character as Thomas Locke. I made a redirect from Locke to Thomas Locke. But the only slight problem is that the redirect link of Locke is still there because I don't have admin rights to this wiki. Other than that, I think I did everything right about the discovery of the full name of Bailey Chase's character. BattleshipMan (talk) 21:46, December 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Cool! I deleted the unused redirect--Acer4666 (talk) 15:57, December 23, 2016 (UTC)
News of the 24: Legacy prequel
- Ah good find! Looks like it comes out today :)--Acer4666 (talk) 19:32, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
Day 5 timeline
Is there any issue with what I've added in regards to the possible date of Day 5? I actually went on www.timeanddate.com to specifically find out the information. I'd also like to point out that Day 2 used sunset time to suggest the date of it. Denny Tsang (talk) 21:31, January 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey man, thanks for reaching out! Basically the info is fine, you are using a clue from the show to try and work out the date, but that is possibly not the right place for it (I didn't notice about the Season 2 info, I think that should probably be removed too). If you check out Timeline#Day 5 you'll see there are a few different clues about what the date/year is, but many of them are contradictory! Listing them all on the season pages would be quite unwieldy, but please feel free to add the info to that "theories about the timeline" section I just linked to. That way we can keep all the different possibilities together in one place, rather than placing one as an "assertion" on the Season page. Hope that makes sense - apologies I was not more communicative after I removed your edit!--Acer4666 (Talk) 21:44, January 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey, welcome back! As for that category, on the talk page it seems like we were waiting for Pyramidhead to reveal his intentions for it, as he created it. I presume it would have been a parent category for the various terrorist organisation categories, as well as a catch all for any that weren't part of those, but seems like it hasn't been implemented yet. You may be better off asking Pyramidhead if he plans to utilise it further--Acer4666 (Talk) 22:34, February 17, 2017 (UTC)
Create a slideshow of westgate mall
Please, I went to a lot of trouble to capture the slides, it has historical significance
Let the reader decide on its relavance, if they do not like it they do not have to look at it
- I replied on your talk page--Acer4666 (Talk) 20:17, March 8, 2017 (UTC)
Hello. Wiki 24 looks good; I realize that the delay in the requested spotlights puts it past the premiere of the new show. Are you still interested in a spotlight? If so, please let me know on my talk page and I will be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 04:08, March 14, 2017 (UTC)
Problem of year
Hey there Acer4666. I just noticed a mistake on the site. Claudette Mink has his birthdate message linked on het page as 4 April 1971. Yet, on the template On This Day her year is listed as 1975.
- Seems like wikipedia and imdb agree on 1971, so I've changed it to that--Acer4666 (Talk) 22:21, April 4, 2017 (UTC)
Unnamed security guard
I'm not 100% sure if This CTU Aide belongs to the unnamed security guards, although I did noticed that he was in the CTU security uniform when he came in to see Andy Shalowitz in the infirmary. That's why I put that unnamed character on there. If you think it should be moved, go ahead. BattleshipMan (talk) 06:00, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah that guy looks like he's a guard, I think he definitely belongs on the page. Lots of the guards on the page don't actually do any "guarding" when we see them, just appear to say that someone has arrived or something--Acer4666 (Talk) 07:52, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Acer, wondering if you have script info regarding the finale episode. Would like to know how much they've changed between the original script and the aired episode. Thanks! --William (talk) 02:27, April 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Unfortunately not - I only have extracts from episodes 5, 6, 7 and 9--Acer4666 (Talk) 07:17, April 19, 2017 (UTC)
Gregory J. Barnett
I think that fourth Coral Snake soldier is definitely Gregory J. Barnett. Same facial looks at the image of that soldier and the image of his behind the scenes interview of him on 24: Exposed, as well as the other images of him. BattleshipMan (talk) 20:49, June 20, 2017 (UTC)
Stunt team's behind the scenes on Legacy
- Hey thanks, yeah I saw that. Unfortunately doesn't have much useful info/shots of any stunt performers :( I wonder why they're releasing videos on the youtube channel after the show has been cancelled?--Acer4666 (Talk) 21:48, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Featured article nomination
Hey dude! Sorry I've been away, working on the Twin Peaks wiki and - I won't lie - I was kind of disgusted with the state 24 is in so I've kinda checked out. You've been doing amazing stuff on all the India pages though, I'll try to pitch in where I can. --Pyramidhead (talk) 00:02, August 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Just wanted to add: I never imagined I'd be looking forward to the next season of the Bollywood version more than the U.S. one lol :/ --Pyramidhead (talk) 00:10, August 9, 2017 (UTC)
- No worries, and thanks! Yes, I too have been neglecting the "Legacy" stuff, due to my general fatigue with it all... but hopefully will get around to it at some point.
- In regards to the Indian stuff - I was a bit stumped on how to deal with the season 2 images all having watermarks. I've managed to get a hold of some copies of episodes without watermarks, but not all of them annoyingly! It'd be good if we could get non-watermarked images for the season 2 stuff--Acer4666 (Talk) 00:11, August 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey! Yeah, I think it's alright, although it's probably because I'm such a fan of the first series of the American show I find it interesting to see how they did it and what little differences there are. It's certainly no cheesy bollywood thing, the acting isn't too shabby, and it's interesting to see the differences in culture - no on-screen kissing, let alone sex scenes, but a lot looser with bad language compared to American version. I wouldn't say it's particularly worth going to too much trouble to watch, but it's not bad.--Acer4666 (Talk) 20:42, September 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Acer, any chances of updating more of Season 2/India stuff? BattleshipMan (talk) 23:41, December 28, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah I should really get back to that at some point. It's among my other ongoing projects on this wiki: unfortunately, I've been quite busy recently and not had so much time on this site! Hope to get to it eventually--Acer4666 (Talk) 14:12, December 29, 2018 (UTC)
- Acer, any chances of updating more of Season 2/India stuff? BattleshipMan (talk) 23:41, December 28, 2018 (UTC)
24 Legacy DVD release date
- Cool, we can wait and see! It's already out here in the UK--Acer4666 (Talk) 18:06, October 17, 2017 (UTC)
Hello. I am Lady Aleena from the Tommy Westphall Universe wiki. I am doing my best to catalog all of the connections made by them, however, I can't find anything on the connection 24 has with Lou Grant. The connection they made is that someone on 24 read the LA Tribune, the paper from Lou Grant. I need help proving or disproving that connection. So, is there a place here I can go to ask about trivial matter such as this? 24 has an establish connection in Westphall just because someone in "Day 8: 9:00 p.m. — 10:00 p.m." smoked Morley cigarettes.
- Hey Lady Aleena! Thanks for getting in touch :)
- You are right in that the Los Angeles Tribune was used in 24 - it appeared in Day 5: 7:00am-8:00am, the premiere of Season 5, and was being read by David Palmer shortly before he was shot and killed. The paper described the treaty that was happening that morning. Hope this helps!--Acer4666 (Talk) 01:17, October 30, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks Acer! Would you please be so kind as to leave the photo there for a while? I still haven't found what the LA Tribune looks like on Lou Grant, but you have been a tremendous help! Lady Aleena (talk) 02:09, October 30, 2017 (UTC)
- By the way, the articles about the 24 family of series needs a little bit of help on the TWU. We have 24 spinning off 24: Live Another Day, 24: Legacy, and CNB News appearing on Tyrant andHomeland. If you know someone who would be willing to write up series summaries on the TWU, I would be grateful again!
- Word of caution, the TWU is insane! Lady Aleena (talk) 02:15, October 30, 2017 (UTC)
- Hmm.. would it be accurate to say that according to TWU, the events of 24 are simply the fantasy of a boy with autism? Blue Rook (talk) 05:31, October 30, 2017 (UTC) 05:31, October 30, 2017 (UTC)
- Ah cool! Yeah I will leave the photo around so you can use it. The Lou Grant version looks like it has a different font for the title, but potentially the 24 version could be what it looked like in 2006, and there was a slight style adjustment between the 70's and then. But, I'll leave the theorising to you! :)--Acer4666 (Talk) 10:19, October 30, 2017 (UTC)
- Hello again! Recently I had to make a decision on the legitimacy of another crossover based on the appearance of another newspaper, the San Fransisco Register. I decided it was legitimate because one community seems to accept it. So, I would like to leave it up to your community to decide whether or not the LA Tribune creates a legitimate, or even quasi-legitimate, connection between Lou Grant and 24. What do you think about leaving it up to your community? Lady Aleena (talk) 07:24, November 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey there! For me, I would leave that kind of decision up to people more knowledgeable about the Tommy Westphall Universe as they will have context of the other kinds of connections that have been allowed/disallowed. However, you are welcome to consult the community here by making a post on the forum - personally, I probably can't comment one way or the other as I don't know enough about the TWU!! Hope that makes sense--Acer4666 (Talk) 19:26, November 6, 2017 (UTC)
Hi sorry, I was just going to random pages and seeing what I could fix. What is the talk page for it? Thanks
Hey there! I'm sure you were expecting us to contact you about this at some point, as we noticed you are hiding the language dropdown.
We're okay with the icons you have at the top right corner, so I'm not sure why this need to be mutually exclusive with the dropdown. Why would you want to remove the standard interlanguage links to avoid showing the dropdown?
Couple of things
A couple of things. Designated Survivor has been cancelled by ABC, so that's another show by Kiefer Sutherland cancelled in two seasons, like Touch.
- If you're looking for my permission to change the featured article, you already have it.--Acer4666 (Talk) 09:49, May 12, 2018 (UTC)
Almost at 9,000 articles
We're almost at 9000 articles. I created some of the actors from 24: The Game and two background actors on Legacy, one of them unfortunately doesn't have the IMDb link. What and how do you think we should create to reach that milestone? BattleshipMan (talk) 20:24, June 14, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think we should make articles just to reach an arbitrary milestone; if you have articles you want to create in order to improve the wiki's completeness, that's great!
- And besides, 9,000 is only a milestone for those people who count in base 10! ;)--Acer4666 (Talk) 17:31, June 15, 2018 (UTC)
Hey, sorry about the flop with the Chris Sorrell article. Like you said, it was an edit conflict and I missed it. I'm currently chatting with Chris on LinkedIn, and he's giving me a lot of cool information about the development of 24: The Game. Thief12 (talk) 23:55, July 23, 2018 (UTC)
- No problem, I thought so! Ah that sounds great :)--Acer4666 (Talk) 06:40, July 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, good stuff! Have a gold star: ★ --Acer4666 (Talk) 22:23, August 5, 2018 (UTC)
According to Memory Alpha (Star Trek) wiki, Chino Binamo appeared in 24, based on ThomasHL's previous edits on that wiki. Also, this is his IMDb link. The filmography and profile states that he portrayed Arabic roles in movies and shows. It's likely too difficult to proof he appeared in 24, despite that edit on Memory Alpha wiki. BattleshipMan (talk) 06:43, August 27, 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, interesting...we'll have to look out for him in the show!--Acer4666 (Talk) 23:31, August 27, 2018 (UTC)
The reason I redid both edits (one including yours) was I think incarcerated is irrelevant to the family member's status, since I think living, deceased and divorced is relevant for the family members of those characters. BattleshipMan (talk) 17:16, September 2, 2018 (UTC)
- This discussion should be happening on the talk page of the article, as I said my edit summary--Acer4666 (Talk) 17:50, September 2, 2018 (UTC)
- I've started a discussion there, suggesting just removing that entire section, which will end the back-and-forth editing that is going on--Acer4666 (Talk) 17:52, September 2, 2018 (UTC)
Designated Survivor revived
Designated Survivor has been revived by Netflix. This is link to it. https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/05/designated-survivor-saved-netflix-season-3/ BattleshipMan (talk) 02:42, September 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Cool. Do you watch Designate Survivor, or contribute to their wiki? I got a bit bored of it and stopped watching--Acer4666 (Talk) 06:38, September 6, 2018 (UTC)
You better take a look at this.
Request to enable Discussions
To follow up on this, Fandom support has requested me to ask all active administratos (in this case, you and Blue Rook) if they consent to enabling Discussions, and then e-mail them a link to your responses. Thanks! Thief12 (talk) 13:43, November 5, 2018 (UTC)
- yes I agree with enabling it!! Sorry I got waylaid with other things and never sent the request myself.-Acer4666 (Talk) 07:07, November 6, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think so. It looks more like Douglas Robson to me (who also appeared in LAD - I'm pretty sure as a SWAT team member, but I can't remember which episode, I can picture him in it but can't find the scene!)--Acer4666 (Talk) 20:41, January 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh sorry, just realise you said left side! That could be him, it's a little hard to tell just from that picture as he is blurry and has his face obscured--Acer4666 (Talk) 20:42, January 28, 2019 (UTC)
Two 24 spinoff plans not going to happen
The two planned 24 spinoffs, including the Jack Bauer prequel, are not going through. Here's the link below.
- Well I guess I better take that poll down. :/ 06:09, February 7, 2019 (UTC)
The first Cheng operative killed in 6x19
Acer, I think I found out who did Cheng's first operative Jack killed before Jeff Imada is on Day 6: 12:00am-1:00am. I think it's stuntman Andy Cheng, based on facial recognition on the 3:32 on this video with the flash of gun fire from his weapon and his page on the Olympus Has Fallen wiki. See what you think? BattleshipMan (talk) 19:11, February 16, 2019 (UTC)
Deepak Dutt Sharma
Acer, someone is adding additional information of actor Deepak Dutt Sharma, but he doesn't seem to have the experience and doesn't know the rules of this wiki. He uploaded a photo that is not 24-related and the layout of the page is messy and inconistent. See what you can do when you see this. BattleshipMan (talk) 05:06, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, I've put back the information he added, and fixed the styling. In general, if you don't want to fix the styling yourself, please just leave it and don't delete people's legitimate content; see our policy, saying "Rework and rewrite as much as you want, but try to find a place for everything rather than cutting it out completely". Thanks.--Acer4666 (Talk) 09:48, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
- I would add that you need to find less "confrontational" ways to address these concerns with guest editors, which is also part of the policy that Acer linked. Like he said, fix what you think it's wrong, but also redirect the guest editors to our policy page and our Manual of Style so they are aware of how we do things, while always being civil and respectful. Unless the editor is blatantly vandalizing, "assume that the other person is acting in good faith". Thanks always for your help. Thief12 (talk) 21:00, March 19, 2019 (UTC)
Poster seen in Day 9: 1:00pm-2:00pm
Acer, in the 2:50 timestamp of this video, Simone passes by on the poster of the 2014 Liam Neeson movie Non-Stop at Charing Cross Station. By coincidence, Corey Hawkins was also on that movie. BattleshipMan (talk) 00:11, March 19, 2019 (UTC)
- On a side note, I initially thought Randall played one of the two men (along with John Wick) blown up by Jack, as I misread the caption "blown away from exploding van" added by Acer on Unknown Performers page as "blown up by exploding van":P --William (talk) 01:49, April 11, 2019 (UTC)
- I contacted him to ask--Acer4666 (Talk) 23:24, April 27, 2019 (UTC)
Backstory of the characters who portrayed Gaines' henchmen
I added the background stories of Gaines' men played Dustin Meier and William H. Burton, Jr. on their pages, as well as Chad Randall's character in season 3. I just haven't added the images of Meier and Burton's characters or Randall's character's background in season 1.
Possible ID of stunt guys
- Hey! Sorry, I've been away + offline for a while now, but am back - are there any particular ID's you are thinking of (as I've probably missed a load!!)--Acer4666 (Talk) 10:01, July 7, 2019 (UTC)
Your Wiki Manager!
Hey there! My name is Mandy, and I’m the Fandom Wiki Manager assigned to the 24 Wiki. No worries, I am not here to take over. My job is to help the community and serve as a liaison between contributors and full-time Fandom staff. I will be your primary point of contact should any assistance be needed, so if you ever have a question or issue relating to the wiki, editing, etc., don't hesitate to leave a message on my talk page and I will do my best to help. If I am unable to solve your issue, I will be able to get in contact with a staff member that can. I will also be getting in contact with the rest of the active admins in this community to introduce myself and inform them of my position. In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or if you have any further questions regarding my role, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Looking forward to working with you in the future! —idekmandy 16:15, June 26, 2019 (UTC)
Fandom Discord Server
Hey! Just in case you don't know, I'm excited to inform you that Fandom now has an official Discord server for Fandom and Gamepedia editors! If you're interested in joining, you can learn more about it in this blog post. Ultimately, the server allows for better communication with staff and fellow editors, and I will be easily accessible there if you ever need any help. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there! —idekmandy 17:43, July 10, 2019 (UTC)
Your stunt pages
New Analytics Dashboard
Hi! I'm here to bring you big news from Fandom! The new Analytics feature has just been released for admins, which you can read more about in this blog post. This feature is particularly exciting because it will give you access to insightful statistics that allow you to see what areas are doing well and how to best capitalize on them in order to strengthen the community. You can visit Special:Analytics to access the data, and if you need any help, you can check out the help page for additional information. Please let me know if you have any further questions or feedback and I'll be happy to answer :) —idekmandy 20:12, August 14, 2019 (UTC)
- I actually had the exact same concerns as you. Fandom uses several different sources to pull data on page views, which is why you might see some inconsistencies via Insights, etc. And of course no data can ever be 100% reliable, but Special:Analytics is the closest you're gonna get, as it pulls stats directly from Google. Also Analytics is updated daily whereas Insights are not, and we all know that sometimes the page view section of the admin dashboard breaks and shows 0 views. So as of right now, Analytics is hands down the most useful and accurate of the three. —idekmandy 05:00, August 15, 2019 (UTC)
Hello! Just in case you haven't heard, Fandom has launched a new Editor Rewards Program to thank hard-working users for their contributions to the platform. You can check out all of the information in this blog post. Feel free to comment on the blog if you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, and the Editor Experience Team will be happy to answer! —idekmandy 09:21, September 5, 2019 (UTC)
- Good idea!--Acer4666 (Talk) 12:15, November 2, 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, thanks for the message! Sorry for the absence, just been super busy lately in real life. Definitely hope to still contribute here as much as possible - I have too many unfinished projects here to abandon it - will try and pop in when i can--Acer4666 (Talk) 21:17, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
Wiki Manager change
Hi Acer, I'm Lostris, and I will be taking over from Mandy as your Wiki Manager. I also contacted your fellow administrators, Thief12 and Blue Rook, to alert them as well of this change, though nothing in terms of support has changed, just your point of contact.
I would also like to take this opportunity to highlight two blog posts regarding the "Unified Community Platform" (UCP for short).
- A more general update regarding the vision, purpose, and process of UCP
- A more specific update about the future of the profiles and message walls
Although the message wall system is not in use here, the update regarding the profiles is still an interesting read. One of the biggest changes on the UCP, the one to the wiki editor, will be introduced somewhere next week, so that's definitely something to look forward to!
Cops in 7x09
Hey Acer, I was thinking about adding gif pics for some of the stunt driver roles or other stunt roles that we can't really see their faces. For example we may add this gif, which is two stunt drivers making a swerve, to your user page so if we send it to the pros someday they may actually remember after seeing these "mini stunt reels" instead of some blurry pictures. --William (talk) 16:00, April 25, 2020 (UTC)