This is my Talk page! Talk with me here!
- and if you need to, visit my discussion archives:
- 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017
- 1 The guy with Sears and Brewster in 10x03
- 2 Actor pages
- 3 SeasonCap page
- 4 John D. Ross
- 5 Hesketh vs. Hoskoth
- 6 You better take a look at this.
- 7 Migrating Wikia to Fandom
- 8 Dailyn Matthews
- 9 Massive Wiki Project
- 10 Two stunt performer articles created
- 11 Birth names of actors
- 12 Page needs to be deleted
- 13 24: Legacy expansion
- 14 Your Wiki Manager!
- 15 Acer4666
- 16 Fandom Discord Server
- 17 New Analytics Dashboard
- 18 Editor Rewards
- 19 Cassandra McCormick
- 20 Thank you
- 21 Don Fischer
- 22 Wiki Manager change
- 23 Homeland
- 24 Checking in and SEO improvement suggestion
The guy with Sears and Brewster in 10x03[edit source]
I'm sure you saw Aaron Brewster's tweet here. After looking at the picture of the CTU agent on the left of Sears & Brewster and this Linkedin account, I believe it is Robert Colombo based on Brewster's tweet, the picture and the guy in the Linkedin account. BattleshipMan (talk) 17:27, March 9, 2018 (UTC)
Actor pages[edit source]
Hey Thief! Just wanted to say you're doing an amazing job keeping all of the actor's pages up to date and to a great standard of information.
One very small thing - I notice that you use the phrase "aside of..." quite a bit (meaning "other than this") - I am fairly sure the correct English formulation is actually "aside from...". At first I thought this was a US/UK English thing (I had a similar thing with "named for..." vs "named after...") but this online forum post seems to agree with "aside from". Just thought it may be helpful to point out!--Acer4666 (Talk) 00:16, May 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing it out. I'll keep it in mind. Now that you bring those pages up, I'd like to ask you, did we settle on not using the "fullname" field on the sidebar/infobox and just use the "born" one for fullname, birthdate, birthplace? I know I was filling a couple of "fullnames" but then stopped. Thief12 (talk) 03:16, May 21, 2018 (UTC)
SeasonCap page[edit source]
Just a thought, but I think the old two-column form was better, in some ways—just because you could compare the likes and dislikes. Maybe combine the two? OneWeirdDude (talk) 18:47, June 8, 2018 (UTC)
- That was my thought, but felt that the table with pics format made it look better. Still, I might go back. Just wanted to see how it looked. Thanks for your take on it. Thief12 (talk) 19:36, June 8, 2018 (UTC)
John D. Ross[edit source]
- Acer added the info about Ross being Abtahi's double in 2012. I don't know where he got it from, but Ross' iStunt profile mentions it too. I just browsed Ross' info to create his article. Thief12 (talk) 21:17, July 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Hey, I was in e-mail contact with John Ross and he told me this. I've updated the page to what he told me (that he wasn't on camera at all)--Acer4666 (Talk) 17:11, July 23, 2018 (UTC)
- I didn't ask, but I doubt it - he seemed to be recalling what he did from memory.--Acer4666 (Talk) 17:36, July 23, 2018 (UTC)
Hesketh vs. Hoskoth[edit source]
You better take a look at this.[edit source]
You better look at this link. https://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TOR/Join_us_in_protecting_the_freedom_of_user-generated_content
Migrating Wikia to Fandom[edit source]
Looks like they are migrating this site to fandom.com.
Dailyn Matthews[edit source]
- I don't have those episodes on me, but anyone that has the DVD can jump in and grab a snapshot. I did some general fixes on the article, though, and added some external links. Thief12 (talk) 02:35, December 31, 2018 (UTC)
Massive Wiki Project[edit source]
Hi there, I've been on this wiki before and I remember seeing a page about a big project that you guys did where people signed up to complete each season of the show. I was just wondering if you could direct me to that page. Thanks! :)
--Man Mountain (talk) 11:05, March 7, 2019 (UTC)
Never mind, I literally just found it. The Ultimate Project right?
- Yeah, I had forgotten about it even, and had a bit of trouble finding the page (here). It was a pretty good idea that sadly never really caught on. If anything, the work hasn't stopped, and probably a lot of those areas/sections have been worked on regardless of the project, but it would've been good to have that sense of confirmed completion. Thief12 (talk) 13:22, March 7, 2019 (UTC)
Two stunt performer articles created[edit source]
Birth names of actors[edit source]
- Because we have a place for it. We used to have the "fullname" field in the sidebar, but we're now following the Wikipedia format and listing the birth name in the "born" field, along with birthdate and birthplace. Also, similarly to Wikipedia, we have the name with which the actor was credited as the article title, but the birth name in the lead paragraph. If there's any issues with how I've been doing it, anybody let me know. Thief12 (talk) 23:28, May 15, 2019 (UTC)
Page needs to be deleted[edit source]
- Done. Thanks! Thief12 (talk) 17:45, June 10, 2019 (UTC)
24: Legacy expansion[edit source]
That's good that you're adding articles of crew members of 24: Legacy. That's a good start to expand anything related to that series. Sometime after, we should also complete the episode summaries on "Day 10: 4:00pm-5:00pm" to "Day 10: 6:00pm-7:00pm" and "Day 10: 8:00pm-9:00pm" to "Day 10: 10:00pm-11:00pm" since they are incomplete, among other things related to Legacy. BattleshipMan (talk) 15:30, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
Your Wiki Manager![edit source]
Hey there! My name is Mandy, and I’m the Fandom Wiki Manager assigned to the 24 Wiki. No worries, I am not here to take over. My job is to help the community and serve as a liaison between contributors and full-time Fandom staff. I will be your primary point of contact should any assistance be needed, so if you ever have a question or issue relating to the wiki, editing, etc., don't hesitate to leave a message on my talk page and I will do my best to help. If I am unable to solve your issue, I will be able to get in contact with a staff member that can. I will also be getting in contact with the rest of the active admins in this community to introduce myself and inform them of my position. In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or if you have any further questions regarding my role, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Looking forward to working with you in the future! —idekmandy 16:16, June 26, 2019 (UTC)
- Hopefully he's just busy and would get back once he's finished his business. --William (talk) 16:13, June 30, 2019 (UTC)
Fandom Discord Server[edit source]
Hey! Just in case you don't know, I'm excited to inform you that Fandom now has an official Discord server for Fandom and Gamepedia editors! If you're interested in joining, you can learn more about it in this blog post. Ultimately, the server allows for better communication with staff and fellow editors, and I will be easily accessible there if you ever need any help. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there! —idekmandy 17:43, July 10, 2019 (UTC)
New Analytics Dashboard[edit source]
Hi! I'm here to bring you big news from Fandom! The new Analytics feature has just been released for admins, which you can read more about in this blog post. This feature is particularly exciting because it will give you access to insightful statistics that allow you to see what areas are doing well and how to best capitalize on them in order to strengthen the community. You can visit Special:Analytics to access the data, and if you need any help, you can check out the help page for additional information. Please let me know if you have any further questions or feedback and I'll be happy to answer :) —idekmandy 20:13, August 14, 2019 (UTC)
Editor Rewards[edit source]
Hello! Just in case you haven't heard, Fandom has launched a new Editor Rewards Program to thank hard-working users for their contributions to the platform. You can check out all of the information in this blog post. Feel free to comment on the blog if you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, and the Editor Experience Team will be happy to answer! —idekmandy 09:21, September 5, 2019 (UTC)
Cassandra McCormick[edit source]
- Found her name on IMDb, and from there, I saw several of her pages listing her work on 24 among her credits. Thief12 (talk) 13:53, December 18, 2019 (UTC)
Thank you[edit source]
Hey Thief, massive thanks for updating actor pages and creating new crew member pages on a constant basis. You bring great vitality to the community. Amazing work! --William (talk) 16:03, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks! Just trying to keep busy with the Wiki and fill blanks here and there. I wish I could have the time to complete episode guides and more substantial stuff! Thief12 (talk) 13:43, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
Don Fischer[edit source]
Wiki Manager change[edit source]
Hi Thief, I'm Lostris, and I will be taking over from Mandy as your Wiki Manager. I also contacted your fellow administrators, Acer4666 and Blue Rook, to alert them as well of this change, though nothing in terms of support has changed, just your point of contact.
I would also like to take this opportunity to highlight two blog posts regarding the "Unified Community Platform" (UCP for short).
- A more general update regarding the vision, purpose, and process of UCP
- A more specific update about the future of the profiles and message walls
Although the message wall system is not in use here, the update regarding the profiles is still an interesting read. One of the biggest changes on the UCP, the one to the wiki editor, will be introduced somewhere next week, so that's definitely something to look forward to!
Hey Thief. Don't know if you are still watching Homeland. I've been catching up Homeland from Season 4 lately and I'm currently on Season 8. Though there are some absurd plot in certain episodes for sure, there are also a couple of good ones. And I have to say: If only they would pay that kind of attention and actually adapt those scripts into 24/Legacy ones it would be so much better... At least far better than the Legacy. --William (talk) 16:50, May 22, 2020 (UTC)
- I haven't been able to catch up with the last season. I don't have Showtime and I have a massive backlog of TV shows that I'm still catching up with. Once it gets to something like Prime, Hulu, or Netflix, I'll get to it. Thief12 (talk) 18:04, May 22, 2020 (UTC)
Checking in and SEO improvement suggestion[edit source]
Hey Thief, how are you? It's been a while, so I just wanted to drop by and check how everything is going around here and if you feel like there is something you'd wish to discuss or need some assistance with. I also wanted to see if you had perhaps any questions or thoughts about UCP (Unified Community Platform) and Fandom's move to migrate all its wikis to the new platform, as that will undoubtedly change your user experience. You know you may always just send me a message on here or even Discord if you prefer that medium.
Additionally, I wanted to ask if you'd be okay with me implementing a piece of css coding to hide the "home" heading from view on the main page? Data has shown that Google doesn't like it and that doing something simple as just hiding it from view will already improve on your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) ranking. Hope you're doing well and to hear back from you! Lady Lostris / 12:38, August 5, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, sorry for the delay. So far, I'd say everything is ok around here. Just right now I'm reading about the software migration, so if I have any questions about that, I'll let you know. About the "home" heading thing, where will the icons for user profile, notifications, etc. will go then? I really don't use the other headings for other wikis, but use the ones on the right often. Just wanted to know how they will change. Thanks! Thief12 (talk) 12:23, August 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Hey Thief, don't worry about the last reply, just nice to hear back from you :-) In case you still need it, you can find out more about UCP and its scope in this blog, but in short, it is indeed a MediaWiki upgrade and a change in editor. It may require some getting used to, but if you have any questions or feedback, I'd be happy to find an answer for you or relay any feedback to staff. So while this change is definitely coming, you can influence it by giving feedback and help fix and improve on certain features. The migration of this wiki will happen shortly, so if you find there to be any coding issues afterwards, please do let me know so I can help sort those out.
- The code to hide the home header will only affect the mention of "home" on the main page. Any other icons will remain.
- Another thing I wanted to bring to your attention now that I'm here is the fact that Special:Chat will not be ported over to UCP. I noticed that you still have the feature enabled on the wiki. Is it still used much? If you wish to create another place for the community to hang out, perhaps you can look into the possibly of creating a Discord server? Lady Lostris / 10:11, August 16, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for the message spam lately. I just wanted to check in after the forums were deprecated and moved to Discussions to see if everything went well, no broken posts and all. If so, please do let me know, so I can get in touch with the technical team to get it fixed. I do encourage you, in case you haven't done so already, to give Discussions a look over and set the categories, so everyone can easily navigate the posts. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! Lady Lostris / 21:32, August 18, 2020 (UTC)