Disambig necessary? Edit
In Garcia's Season 1 appearances, is his name specifically "Rick Garcia" during the show? If it isn't, then he is merely playing an unnamed news reporter, not technically "himself" which would mean that this disambiguation is not necessary. Can someone please check this? – Blue Rook 18:15, 22 April 2008 (UTC)talkcontribs
- Son of a bitch, I have no memory of the discussion on that page. Thanks for pointing that out.
- 1. I am going to create the Character page for Rick. Should I assume that all of the Actor's appearances are for the same character, and move all those entries I posted from the Unnamed News page to the new, single character page?
- 2. In the past, did you notice me creating those entries for him on the Unnamed page? did you think I was intentionally blowing off that discussion? Please let me know if you see me doing stupid crap like that again. Just to be clear, I had totally forgotten about that convo, and was working under the assumption that Rick was playing Unnamed characters, not trying to blow off the discussion or anything like that. – Blue Rook 23:40, 22 April 2008 (UTC)talkcontribs
- Haha, no I didn't even notice what you'd done on the Unnamed page. The problem I've been wondering about (and I thought I'd brought the subject up once, but can't find it if I did) is whether or not we should assume all of Garcia's roles are the same character. As this is the only cited name reference so far, it's possible, but it seems he jumps around TV networks and back, sometimes even on the same Day, I think. I say we assume it's the same character and note the multiple affiliations in the IU part of the article, while making an OOU note about its improbability at the bottom. Either that, or we assume that each network's "Rick Garcia" is a different person. Thoughts? --Proudhug 01:44, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
Since he was named, I think we need to assume it is the same character whenever Garcia appears. If, once we've catalogued all of his appearances, it turns out that he changed networks during the same day, then we should just put a note at the bottom chalking it up to inconsistency. To take the other route and assume he plays different reporters is to make an assumption, which I don't find particularly encyclopedic. Still, it sucks that they had the same guy doing field reports and then being an anchorman in the same day... – Blue Rook 02:25, 23 April 2008 (UTC)talkcontribs
- Sounds like a good plan. Garcia did report for both FOX and CNB during his two Day 1 appearances. It's not necessarily an inconsistency, just highly improbable. --Proudhug 20:45, 23 April 2008 (UTC)